Anaheim, CA – New for 2023, Donner has introduced two new additions to its DST Seeker Series electric guitar lineup: the DST-600 and DST-700. By adding these two new models, Donner's time-tested Seeker Series has reached new heights with a balance of vintage and modern design, providing contemporary players with the ultimate playing experience and versatile tones, from warm blues or clean style to shred-heavy metal sounds.
The DST-600 has an alder body, maple neck and comes in either SSS or HSS configurations with a maple or rosewood fretboard. Featuring special tuning on each pole piece, the vintage staggered SSS configured DST-600 gives an authentic 60s sound that is sparkly clean, while providing a rich and smooth tone when pushed with some overdrive. The DST-600 with a trio of alnico V single coils marks Donner's faithful attempt for the vintage aesthetics while maintaining versatile play capabilities by providing an alternative HSS configured option.
- C-shaped maple neck, 25-1/2'' scale length, 22 frets
- Maple fingerboard for the SSS model, rosewood fingerboard for the HSS model
- Alder body
- Rosewood/Maple fretboard with acrylic dot inlay
- Single-action tuning truss rod
- Medium Jumbo Stainless Steel frets
- Authentic bone nut
- Donner D-Cream Series Alnico V pickups
- 5-position blade switching, Push/Pull on Tone Control
- Vintage-style tuning machine heads, Matching headstock
- Gig bag included
- Finish: Gloss Polyurethane body finish, Satin neck finish;
- Color: Sunset, Shell pink, Surf green, Carnival red, White, Red
Built around several differences from the original Seeker series, the DST-700 is Donner’s bold offer to aggressive players. First, the DST-700 boasts a 5-piece neck made with roasted maple bolted on a basswood or mahogany body, offering supreme stability and aesthetics for shred guitarists. Second, Donner’s new Hyper Series pickups come in 3 configurations: HH, HSS, and HSH with coil switch. Donner’s latest Hyper Series pickups are designed, made, and tuned for high-output fatter tones, yet deliver tremendous dynamic range.
Finally, the fingerboard utilizes a compound radius resulting in a neck that achieves an ideal ergonomic equilibrium, suitable for producing both clear melodies and chordal playing, as well as lightning-fast solos played on the higher frets.
Other features include an easily accessible truss rod adjuster that sits next to the neck pickup, allowing players to make adjustments without removing the neck; high-quality hardware, including steel medium frets, Donner 18:1 Locking Machines, 2-point synchronized tremolo with block saddles, and a steel plate.
- 5-piece roasted maple neck, 25-1/2'' scale length, 22 frets
- Donner Hyper Series high-output humbucking and single-coil pickups
- 3-position pickup selector and 2 control knobs: Master volume and tone with coil split
- Natural finish on the mahogany body, Matte finish with 6 colors on basswood body
- Corrosion-proof Donner steel hardware: locking tuners, bridge, plate, and knobs
For more specifications and images, please click here.
The Donner DST-600 and DST-700 electric guitars carry suggested retail prices from $480 to $550 varied from models of different setups and are available from selective retailers.
Donner manufactures innovative guitars and pedals that focus on entry-level music lovers and beginners. Since 2012 the Chinese company has introduced a wide range of instruments including guitars, pedals, MIDI keyboards, e-drums, digital pianos, audio interface etc. The DST series mark the company’s entry to the market of advanced guitarist.